The objectives of Instil are to:
- Promote excellence, professionalism and integrity for Members working in Mutuals; to improve their knowledge and skills with respect to their rights, duties, roles and responsibilities;
- Facilitate education and professional development of Members at a national and regional level;
- Uphold and maintain the philosophy and principles of Mutuality, through networking, collaboration, co-operation and the exchange of ideas among Members;
- Promote best practice in leadership, governance and management and in the identification of opportunities for career enhancement within Mutuals;
- Affiliate or partner with organisations with similar objects both within and external to Mutuals for the benefit of Members; and
- Assist Members to keep up-to-date with relevant legislative, economic and social matters which affect their roles, responsibilities and aspirations.